Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Building a Chesapeake Light Craft Northeaster Dory -- Day 6

This is the day when the Dory started to look like a Dory. I went to town in the morning, but in the afternoon Sue and I spent three hours stitching on the rest of the hull panels. I had to wrestle with the fitting of the transom and drill a few new holes for the stitches, but to my untutored eye everything is turning out quite well.

Tomorrow I will need to tighten many of the stitches and then find a way to flip the boat so that I can begin spot gluing the hull panels between stitches. That will firm up the hull, allowing me to flip it again and fiberglass the interior of the hull.

If I have to kill time before I can recruit a helper to flip the boat, I still need to glue up the rails, the spars, the daggerboard, and the rudder.

Looking at the Dory from the bow

Looking at the Dory from the transom

Closer view of the bow

Closer view of the transom

No comments:

Post a Comment