Monday, October 12, 2015

Building a Chesapeake Light Craft Northeaster Dory -- Day 10

Today I barely worked on the boat at all. In the morning I took a 41-mile bike ride. That was followed by a leisurely lunch, so it wasn't until mid-afternoon that I got down to work at all. Tomorrow is going to be a big day of adding fillets and fiberglass to the interior, a task that required some considerable study in advance. Then I cut out the last stitches connecting the bottom to the first hull panel. After that I took very careful measurements for each patch of interior fiberglass cloth, and Sue help me cut all the material. Finally, I diligently cleaned the interior of all fiberglass and wood chips and taped the line along the connection between the first and second hull panels.

Everything should be set for a big day of work tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! Very impressed with you or "pre-finishing efforts."

    ReplyDelete