Monday, October 5, 2015

Building a Chesapeake Light Craft Northeaster Dory -- Day 4

This morning I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the hull panels I glued yesterday and then preparing for the afternoon by attaching rails to the flatbed so that I could later glue and clamp the thwarts.

After lunch it took another couple of hours to glue and clamp the 4th hull panel as well as the thwarts.



We're now ready to begin assembling the hull whenever Sue and I find a few hours that we can both devote to the task. First, though, I have to at least trace onto cardboard the outlines of the bulkheads so that it is later easier to cut the exact shapes of the foam flotation blocks that will be glued under the thwarts.

And while I await Sue's leisure, I still have a number of other steps I can usefully complete -- gluing the rails, the spars, the rudder, and the daggerboard, as well as beginning to shape the mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment