Sunday, October 4, 2015

Building a Chesapeake Light Craft Northeaster Dory -- Day 3

Surprisingly about half of my boat-building time has been spent getting ready to work on the boat -- unpacking parts, moving things around, preparing the flatbed trailer, finding plastic, cutting clamps, etc. 

The first hull panels glued together nicely. This morning I removed the clamps and used the new orbital sander to sand the joints smooth. It came close to using up one piece of 80-grit sandpaper so I am definitely going to want some 10-sheet or 20-sheet packets. Then I had to prepare a cardboard covered place on the floor big enough to store the panels for a couple of days. After that I set up panels 2 and 3 for gluing, as well as the mast. 




Tomorrow I will still have to glue panel 4 and I can certainly do the thwarts and perhaps the spars and the rails. I think that’s all the use I’ll have for the flatbed trailer. By Tuesday or Wednesday, I’ll be ready to wire together the hull

No comments:

Post a Comment