Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baking Bread



I first started baking bread when I was in college. It is an interest that I allowed to rest in dormancy for decades, but lately I've reawakened it. You're looking at a loaf of my boule bread. The particular no-knead recipe that I am using mixes up enough for three or four one-pound loaves in about ten minutes. The dough can be stored in the fridge for over a week and baked as needed. It is crusty and delicious.

Rather than post the recipe, I'll just refer you to my source, Mother Earth News--a magazine that I like at least as much for its name as for the eclectic mix of articles it includes. (As to the name, note the emphasis both on the feminine Mother Earth News and on the masculine MEN.)

On the MEN website (http://www.motherearthnews.com/) check out the article entitled "Five Minutes a Day for Fresh-Baked Bread."

No comments:

Post a Comment