Saturday, June 16, 2012

Save the Elizabeth Post Office!

On Friday Sue and I rode out to Elizabeth -- a town notable only because it is the site of our mailing address and because there is nothing whatsoever in town except the post office and one fellow who makes bird boxes for sale. The birdhouses are set up by the street in a totally untended display with no attached prices that I could see.

Anyway, it is a beautiful ride to Elizabeth and back -- smooth blacktop through the rolling hills of mostly empty cattle farms. At the post office one can turn right and head to the lake two miles away through a pine forest with some good views of Matney Mountain in the extreme distance. The run down to the lake is more than a mile of rolling downhill (and challenging uphill on the way back).

I forgot to take many pictures, but I did grab this one shot of a classic, collapsing Ozark barn.

1 comment:

  1. I like the picture. I've been meaning to go "visit" Elizabeth myself. You and Sue are such inspirations!

    ReplyDelete