Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cell Phone Photography






Now that I carry a cell phone around with me (mostly so that Sue and I can reach each other while we are off on our bikes) I have begun to wonder if the built-in camera can be at all useful. So I have started taking a few snapshots. As one might expect the images are low resolution (640x480) and become even lower in quality because of jpg compression. If I do any image adjustments at all in xnview (my image-editing software) they become very, very compact. Still, I like some of the results. Click on the snapshots above to see them in their full 640x480 splendor.

The trick to getting fairly good shots seems to be threefold: (1) Keep the camera lens clean. (2) Compose the photo carefully. (3) Hold the cell phone still! Most snapshots turn out badly, but then that is also the case with most photos I take with our camera. Experimentation with cell phone photos at least gives me an incentive to carry my phone around and keep it turn on more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment