Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pushing On




A picture says 1,000 words. Here are three pictures about my progress in the "100 Push-ups" challenge.

The top graph shows the total for my five sets of push-ups on the y-axis and the date on the x-axis. The graph shows my progress from early December through early August. The slope for the total is clearly increasing over time, but the slope for the all-important first set up push-ups almost looks flat.

I've broken the first set out in the third graph. It, too, shows a gradual slope upward, though it is less clear that progress is continuing--and can continue--to be made. I hit 50 first-set push-ups in early December. By early January I was at 60. I didn't hit 70 until mid-March and 80 in mid-June. Since then progress has been slow. . . . I think I can get to 90 on a good day, but 100? I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment